giovedì 29 novembre 2018

12 - QUANTIFIERS


Countable
Uncountable
apple

homework
furniture
advice
luggage
money
heating
air-conditioning
information
water
coffee
tea
fruit
cheese
butter
milk
oil
bread
meat
orange juice
ice-cream



Quantifiers  ( U = uncountable nouns // CP = countable plural nouns)
a lot of  / lots of – aff. U / CP  / N. / I
There is a lot of sugar in my coffee.
There isn’t a lot of sugar in my coffee.
Is there a lot of sugar in my coffee?
There are lots of students in the classroom.
There aren’t a lot of students in the classroom.

Some – aff. U / CP  // int.  - Requests / Offers
There is some sugar in my coffee.
There are some students in the classroom.
Can I have some coffee, please?
Would you like some coffee?
a few   CP  / a little   U  - un po’ di – aff.
There are a few students in the classroom.
There is a little sugar in my coffee.
few  CP  / little   U – neg.  aspect
There is little sugar in my coffee.
There are few students in the classroom.
many  CP / much U  – neg/ int.
How many students are in the classroom?
There aren’t many students.
How much sugar is in the coffee?
There isn’t much sugar.
any – neg / int. U / CP
There isn’t any sugar in my coffee.
There aren’t any students in the classroom.
Is there any sugar in my coffee?
Are there any students in the classroom?
I like any fruit.  I like any kind of music. (qualsiasi)

No – neg. U / CP
There is no sugar in my coffee.
There are no students in the classroom.
too /too much  U / too many   CP  - troppo
There is too much sugar in my coffee.
There are too many students in the classroom.
It is too hot.
My soup is too cold.
quite
She is quite nice.
enough ( neg / int)
There isn’t enough sugar in my coffee.
Is there enough sugar in my coffee?
There aren’t enough students in the classroom.
Are there enough students to play a game?
It’s not hot enough.








PRACTICE ONLINE:







Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

30 - CONDITIONALS

Zero Conditional – something that always happens If + present simple, present simple If I eat a lot of chocolate, I feel sick. If...